Friday, May 23, 2008

Thing 18- Social Bookmarking

Social bookmarking was something that I had heard about and explored but didn't really get the underlying idea. I am an itinerent therapist so bookmarking on one computer never worked for me due to the nature of my job so I discovered and have been using Google to bookmark. I really liked this way to access my bookmarks from many different locations and sort them into several different files, but the idea of tags and sharing your bookmarks with others is new and I'm ready to try it. It seems like a useful method to organize and I think it would be useful to see what others found. I change my labels or files periodically as you fine tune the sorting and I can see that this would happen to your tags too.

2 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

I'm curious about why you called your blog Baglady.

Nancy Markosky said...

I called my blog "baglady" because I offer make-it take-it style workshops for teachers in my county and the teachers leave the workshop with "bags" of activities that they can use in their classroom the next day. The front of the bags have the directions and ideas to gear up or down depending on the level of the students and inside the bag is all the materials needed for the activity.