Sunday, May 11, 2008

Thing 10-Wikis

I greatly enjoyed searching the educational wikis and bookmarked many of them to further explore and share with my educational colleagues. I have been using a wiki already and can see many uses for them at school. I have introduced them to colleagues and many objections that I hear are that students will write inappropriate materials but after they are shown how to monitor the content and can determine who added to the wiki, most teachers see the immediate value. I especially liked the wikis that were cross country classrooms or across the globe. I have found that if you want to have a good wiki, it requires a significant amount of time to monitor it and there are many wikis that people have "abandoned". I definitely think they are worth the fight.

No comments: